Succulent shrimp and grilled chicken sautéed with mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and green onions in a spicy pecorino romano cheese cream sauce with penne pasta – A Carino’s Italian classic.
Serves 4 people.
Butter, Melted 2 Tbsp
Shrimp, Tail-Off Peeled and Cleaned 20 medium shrimp
Chicken Breast, 8 Ounce 2 each
Mushrooms, Sliced 3 cups
Sun-dried Tomatoes, Hydrated 1 cup
Salt and Pepper to taste
Green Onions, Sliced 1 cup
Heavy Cream 2 cups
Pecorino Romano Cheese, Grated 1/3 cup
Cayenne Pepper to taste
Penne Pasta, Dry 20 ounces weight
- Grilled chicken breasts until done. Cool and slice into ¼ inch thick strips.
- Add butter to a large sauté pan at medium heat. Once butter is heated, add shrimp, sliced chicken, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions and salt and pepper. Sauté until shrimp and mushrooms are cooked.
- Add heavy cream, pecorino romano cheese and cayenne pepper. Let cream reduce by 50% while thoroughly combining all ingredients.
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions. Drain excess water and then toss pasta with contents of sauté pan.
- Place Spicy Shrimp and Chicken into designated serving plateware, garnish and enjoy!
Download a printable PDF here.
Carinos Spicy Shrimp Chicken.pdf (99.24 kb)